Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #369

Yay, Kelvin!!!!!!!
Yay, Kyle!!!!!

It's funny, but the one-two punch of Kelvin's reply and Kyle's reply was,
to me, really nice and well-rounded.  Kyle is our family smack down
champion.

Wish I had more time to korrrispond wit' y'all.

I am a Hoosier, cos I was born in Indianapolis.
Kurt Vonnegut had already moved away and been fire bombed.
Mom and Dad are from Wichita Falls, TX.
George H W Bush and his son shared their state, but not their need for
frugality,
Though mom's family has an oil well split between 8 kids and their
offspring.
Grandma makes twenty five bucks a year from her oil business.
Mom's mama came from Duncan, OK, deep in the farmland.
Mom's dad was a runaway and didn't have shoes until he was 18.
Dad was born in a shack on a hillside.
His mother raised hell and hackles until the minute she died--it was a
profession.
His father set type at the Wichita Falls newspaper
and lost his hearing from the clacking of the press.
When granny scolded him, he would pretend his hearing aids were on the
fritz.
Sometimes he would make them squeal feedback and pretend he didn't know.
I am a Hoosier, cos I was born in Indianapolis.

That is all.

Fred