Re: on Hoosier life

--- Gilhamilton at aol_com wrote:
> yea, there is a lot to say for small town life. I
> was just feeling kinda like
> an orphan.
> Seems most of the kindred spirits I know live in the
> books I read and the
> music I listen to

Yeah, I understand.  I felt that way when I lived in
Cane Valley, but now I miss things that aren't in the
city.  When I lived in Indiana I didn't appreciate
much.  Now, one of the things I miss the most is being
able to see for miles and drive on straight roads.  I
think we probably always long for the things we don't
have, even if we didn't appreciate them when we did
have them.

=====
"I never much liked flying,
The job requires trying;
The hard part's avoiding buildings and concrete."
              -- Ellis Paul