Re: on Hoosier life

In a message dated 12/13/00 8:16:14 AM Central Standard Time,
shadow at teuton_org writes:

<< some people live there for entire lifetimes, and know intimately an area.
 they have roots than run deep into a community and go to town dinners. >>
<snippage>
yea, there is a lot to say for small town life. I was just feeling kinda like
an orphan.
Seems most of the kindred spirits I know live in the books I read and the
music I listen to.  My neighbor may be a hick but he's a good hick. He's
plowed my drive twice already without my even asking because he knows I have
a very bad back.
There's a little diner I frequent where half the time when I walk in I know
all the people there. I sit and listen to them tell their tales, share their
life... They think I'm weird but they like me anyway!
  There's also a lot to say for living somewhere where the streets you walk
are the same ones you learned to ride a bike, made muddies, stole your first
kiss...

kevin (knee deep in small town blues)