Re: The Truth About Shoes

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Alfred B Johnson wrote:

> Don't let Rhys fool you, folks.  She doesn't WANT to find her shoes.
> She wants, like Bilbo Baggins, to never need to wear them.

yea, verily - so the question must come up 'why do i live in the pretend
nether regions of indiana? where a few months out the year that you can to
go outside barefoot without risking amputation...

> But her feet are not, like those of Mr. Baggins, big and furry.

luck for me - how'd i find shoes to wear?

> Thus . . . shoes . . . . reluctantly.

my dad used to threaten me with making me go barefoot for a long long itme
if i couldn't learn how to stan correctly on my feet... sometimes he was
pretty clueless (:

> I am now writing a slightly postmodern essay on Bejamin Franklin's
> Enlightenment performativity and the cultural assumptions underneath
> it.  That's right.  THIS sort of NONSENSE is why I was in Indiana
> instead of Ohio on Saturday.  I've done a lot of semesters of school,
> believe me, and few have ended so hectic.  Grr.

greatly missed. it sounds a curious paper.
3-4 four inches occurring outside the door.

rhyss

--
Capital letters were always the best way of dealing with things you didn't
know the answer to. Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Douglas Adams