Re: Taft Show

Some answers:

I've never been to Cornerstone, no real desire to go after hearing mixed
reports about it.  Plus, it's always on a vacation weekend for me (4th of
July = Washington DC).  Leigh was like 12 back in 93, right?  haha.  Does
anyone know if she's married to the rhythm guitarist in 6p?  The little guy?

"Anything at All" was nice.  Didn't adore it as much as the Jack-penned
things I've heard lately.  Heck, even back in '95 when Karin sang backup on
Jack's "Merry Go Round" on the WNKU Christmas show, I thought he was a heck
of a songwriter.  And that "Needle and the Bruise" from OtR shows earlier
this year too.

I loved Dale's drumming, thought it was a nice change of pace.  Brian
geniunely is one of the most talented musicians I've ever seen (probably far
more natural talent than the rest of OtR) and has a huge range.  That crazy
plexiglass box they had him in the last few years to clean up the sound,
coupled with the sparse nature of post-Ric OtR, made for a quiet quiet
drumkit.  It was neato to hear someone playing the snot out of the drums, at
least to my ears.  Brian and the band had let loose some from '96-'99 (that
Ark show from '98 or '99 comes to mind) but it was definitely not the norm.

One of the best things of seeing OtR in Cincinnati is the quiet of the huge
crowd.  Dawn and Michael (from Chicago, at the listee pre-show) and I were
talking about the Cubby Bear show in Chicago in '94, where the crowd was
LOUD LOUD LOUD and the band started the show w/ Lullaby and people kept
jabbering away.  The things like Mary's Waltz, Rhapsodie show how darn
attentive we are to their stuff; pretty neat.  Ark and Canal Street are that
way too, but with a fifth of the number of people.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Sherry Pofahl" <msp at mhtc_net>

Did anyone else see SNTR play under that tiny tent at C-Stone '93 in the
rain, when Leigh could barely be heard?  It was the drummer's birthday, and
I think it was one of their first performances "nationally"?  Makes me
wonder if she went to see OTR that year.

 >Then they
 >played "Anything at All" which hasn't been recorded yet.

Did anyone else ADORE this song?

 >"Sleep Baby Jane" rocked live, very nice.  Drums were far louder
throughout
 >the song than on Eve or as played live by Brian in the past.

Herein lies my greatest complaint:  Did it sound to anyone else like the
drums were being played by a very talented, but loud, six-year-old, banging
pots and pans for the first time?  Sorry, but it really hurt their quieter
stuff at Schuba's.  I miss Brian.