Re: NASCAR country

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, elmo' wrote:

> Dearest Peeps,

> Anyway, preferring NASCAR to Nabokov or beer to ballet doesn't make
> you a heathen...just different...and i guess it is kind of fun looking
> down our noses at those "less cultured" than us...

kind of along the same lines - christmas decorations. i was driving/riding
back to indiana, and we decided to go exploring. tacky decorations kind of
tickle me and kind of annoy me. the thought occured to me if i would be
making fun of someone's joy and delight in the season, and maybe it was
none of my business to do so.

i like a good roaring soccer game. i like loud music sometimes. i like
being silly and climbing trees and making snow angels and snowballs taste
good. and i've discovered that sitting and watching tv for a night is...
odd. the advertisements are weird.

> hey, i sat behind people that hadn't showered in a week at saturday's
> show...they definitely had some culture goin'...a bacteria
> culture...how in the hell did lack of personal hygiene ever become
> associated with hipness?  And for pete's sake, drag the occasional
> comb through your hair...

ew. there weren't some of those near me, too.  but the guy kept putting
his coat behind his chair, thereby depleting teh non-exstiant
leg-room. thankfully my short friend sat next to me, and i borrowed some
of her space (:  but seriously, were everyone midgets back then? i'm not
even that tall. 'nyway.

> reaching for my black turtleneck and beret,

searching for my shooes *again*. if they invent locators for them, i want
some.

rhys

--
Capital letters were always the best way of dealing with things you didn't
know the answer to. Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Douglas Adams