Re: OTR relocating

andrew said:
>I just read that article that Rick was talking about.  Needless to >say,
>I'm feeling a little hurt and thinking that Linford is being a >little
>arrogant.

i can understand andrew's reaction, but i think it's also important to
realize that it was a very short article, and that meanings can often be
twisted in the dual translation that happens when words go from interviewee
to reporter to reader.

>sell out.  But to think that the Cincinnati fans aren't behind them >just
>because the show didn't sell out it insane.  I mean, people came >here, to
>Cincinnati from all over the country just to see OTR in their >hometown.
>There has always been a strong, loyal following here in >town.  I would
>hate to think what would happen to those fans if OTR >moved SOLEY because
>they felt like they weren't getting enough "love" >from them.

yes, the band does have a loyal following here.  but the real core base of
fans is spread throughout the country.  and cincinnati isn't exactly known
for its ardent support of local music and arts.  it makes sense for a band
to want to move to a city that has significantly more resources for
professional musicians.  also, it seems to be a pretty big assumption that
they would move "solely because they felt like they weren't getting enough
'love'" from fans.  i didn't get that impression from the article at all.

just a few thoughts,
amyjoy