Re: Christmas show set list

rick said:
>     The second act was Ron Sexsmith.  I mostly know of him through
>a cover song that Ric Hordinski plays.  Tonight was the first that I
>heard him.  He will have a new CD soon.  It is produced by Buddy
>Miller.  When I saw Viglantes of Love, Bill Mallonee said that one of
>his CD's was produced by Buddy Miller, who Bill called a treasure of
>american music.  The first that I saw Buddy I was amazed as he played
>lead guitar for the SpyBoy tour, which Over-the-Rhine opened for in
>Covington, KY.  Now that I pay attention I notice that he appears in
>one way or another with many other musicians.  I'd like to see him
>as part of a future Over-the-Rhine christmas show.  Ron Sexsmith said
>that he is being dropped by his label.  I never really understood how
>labels work and why they drop people.  I will try to see Ron again
>whether it is in Cincy or some other city, and I will try to listen
>to each of his CD's.

i agree with rick that buddy miller is pretty groovy.   but ron sexsmith
actually said his cd was produced by steve earle, another treasure of
american music.  on thursday's wvux interview with ron, he said that earle's
label is one possibility for being his new label.  whatever label he goes
with, i thought he was amazing.  there are definitely a large number of new
ron sexsmith fans in the midwest after his set...

btw, it was so lovely to see so many of you last night, even though it was
mostly in passing.  i'm sorry that i was pulled in all directions, keeping
me from quality listee time...

fwiw,
amyjoy