RE: Christmas show set list

Well if we're talking "votes", my vote is "there's no place like home."

All things considered, there's something magical about the band's location.
In a way, it's tucked away like a highly-prized jewel, where only a few
people -- those who really search it out -- can find it. When I first
discovered OtR, it was indeed as if I'd found a hidden treasure; one that I
wanted to keep all to myself and share with the world at the same time.

And, of course, being right there with Over-the-Rhine itself is a very big
gift. In many ways to me, it's as if I can feel the hopes, dreams, and
aspirations of the people in that depressed area through the music itself.
Perhaps it's only the name connection. But still, I have a true vision of
these two kids madly in love with each other dreaming and singing songs
about a beautiful, grand future together that, despite their best efforts,
is still just out of reach. (But they'll make the best of life and see the
beauty in it anyway.)

I'm sure there would be two sides struggling against each other in such a
decision. On one hand, there is the artist, who finds inspiration in their
surroundings. Then, of course, there is the business. Sometimes logic and
economics have to prevail.

Without a doubt, I'm sure such a decision would be made carefully and with
deep thought. I wish the group well on the inner tribulations that they face
in such a choice.

Hoping for the best,

Michael Downey
downey at purdue_edu

PS. The show in Indiana was superb. I was very pleased to see Duncan Hall
sold out in a state like this. I hope they come back soon! :)