OTR relocating

I just read that article that Rick was talking about.  Needless to say, I'm feeling a little hurt and thinking that Linford is being a little arrogant.  I'm sure that most musicians hope that every show they play is a sell out.  Thats natural.  Its also right to think that since they are from Cincinnati, the band would assume that their Christmas show would be a sell out.  But to think that the Cincinnati fans aren't behind them just because the show didn't sell out it insane.  I mean, people came here, to Cincinnati from all over the country just to see OTR in their hometown.  There has always been a strong, loyal following here in town.  I would hate to think what would happen to those fans if OTR moved SOLEY because they felt like they weren't getting enough "love" from them.  I think its great that they are gaining a bigger nationwide fan base.  If you read the article, Linford says that the recent show in Minneapolis was their largest crowd ever(which I find hard to believe, but I don't know the details of the show).

Part of me thinks that they feel like a kid who just recently graduated high school and wants to get away from the people who have supported him for years so he start his own life.  I can understand if OTR wants to spend time in other places.  Linford says that they "get a bit more inspired when we go over the horizon."  Fine.  No one is making them stay in Cincinnati all the time.  But I think everyone has to have a hometown, somewhere where they are always welcome and where they can relax.  I think that Cincinnati is that place for OTR.  If they left, Cincinnati would be losing an important piece of its character.

Sorry for my ranting, but thats my $.02 worth.

Andy

If you want to read the article, go here: http://cincinnati.com/freetime/120800_nightbeat.html