Sam Philips selling clothes?

I feel the need to post tonight because it's been a
while and frankly all the discussion of the
forthcoming Taft show is making me sick with
irrational jealousy.  I'm feeling a little isolated
from my fellow listees, stuck down here on the
southern coast in a job that doesn't allow for
frequent roadtrips. Meaning exactly a week and a half
off every year during which I feel obligated to go see
mom in CA.  All that to say I don't get to see these
guys live very often and it's not fair. My pops and I
first saw them at cornerstone in '92 and were blown
away. The music was a little different for my tastes
then (at 16), but something about their performance
really stood out - some unnamable emotional connection
with the audience that was so honest and beautiful.
Needless to say, we've been listening ever since and
have on occasion seen that magic again.  I'd so love
to be able to just snag those tickets from Melissa and
hop in the car and go!  But this blasted job won't let
me.  Not fair.  So the least you all can do is suffer
through some of my nuerotic meanderings so I won't
feel left out.

Oh by the way, have you guys heard Sam Philips on that
Ralph Lauren commercial?  They play "I Need Love" over
teenagers frolicking on the beach.  It's sort of
disconcerting at first but it grows on you.  I mean,
it's not Felicity or anything but at least it's not an
actual jingle.

Okay, I'm out.  Much love,

Jay