Re: somersault

> > "Elitist" in the sense of thinking only one set of ideas is correct.

right, mine.

> > "Imperialist" in the sense of thinking that those ideas should be forced
> > upon the world.

once again correct :)

> > But how interesting that this is to be a "liberal" statement.
> > Imperialism is inherently conservative,

imperialism is neither inherently conservative or liberal.  its about  the
policy, practice, or advocacy of extending the power and dominion of a
nation especially by direct territorial acquisitions or by gaining indirect
control over the political or economic life of other areas.  how
conservative or liberal depends on the one in power.

>afraid of the chaos of
> > polyvocality and democracy.

democracy is mob rule, a system destined for mediocrity. no good idea and
its implementation can survive everyone's input and approval.   i am all
about enlightened imperialism/monarchy. and since i do plan to live forever,
we don't have to worry about the whole succession mess.

> imperialist about being progressive, you end up with some logical
> > somersaults going on.

only if you misunderstand the meaning of imperialism.  you have a liberal
ideal/system and spread it by whatever means necessary.  the conservatives
can fall inline, become raw material suppliers or be bombed back to the
stone ages.  how hard is that?

>and I object to left wing attempts
> > to legislate their morality, too.  And they are both conservative.

not true, i  have extreme moral flexibility, and i firmly believe that
people have the right to be as amoral as they wish to be as long as, one,
they are devious enough to get away with it, or two, they are willing to
face the consequences.

kyle