RE: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #327

>doesn't MJ own a bunch of the beatles catalog? or is
>just mccartney stuff that he owns? i don't know. i
>know he owns the rights to something paul-related. i
>don't recall if it was/wasn't the beatles.

As I understand it, this is the story.  I think I heard macca say this in an
interview, but maybe it was some cat in a coffeeshop.  Who knows.

Michael's startin' to git rich rich rich, and he says to Paul at some
cocktail party, "You're smart and invest money and are a rock star, too.
How should I invest my money?"  Macca says, "Well, do what you know.  Invest
in music."

Shortly thereafter, MJ bought the old Beatles catalog.  The one the Beatles
people had been trying to raise the money to control (somehow maybe the
record company controlled the old stuff?)  And anyway, that's why you
sometimes see an old Beatles song sold out to a crappy commercial.

That's the story.  May be true.

That is all.

Fred