Re: Grüner Käsemond

not off topic at all IMO.  A perfect example of a Christian whose (to
paraphrase Schaeffer for pun) imagination always flew beyond the stars.  A
first rate sf trilogy.
 And as one who has loved SF-fan for years and follows it a bit it is widely
recognized as such.  The only criticism I've heard leveled at it and the
Narnia tales is that they are a bit too pedagogical.  But Lewis always denied
he meant them this way IIRC.  He also flat out said that they were not
allegorical.  He said with Narnia he set about to create an imaginary land in
its own right and then went on to see what would happen if Christ appeared
there, what would he do, what form he would take, etc.  It is in no way shape
or form was an allegory of anything in this world IHO.
   As a good argument for it's strength I have an agnostic friend who fancies
hisself a philosopher who has told me that this trilogy is one of the few
things he has read that made him seriously think about the idea of God.  That
from a set of books that don't set out to *preach* at all.
 It's been a while since I read either, now you got me wanting to read them
again myself!

Kevin

<< Speaking of this I just finished rereading the Perelandra Trilogy by C.S.
 Lewis. Man, I didn't remember that it's THIS good. There are characters in
 it I could draw now (and I'm not a very gifted painter. (: ). I don't
 understand that it isn't more popular. Especially the last part is one of
 the most colorful and exciting books I#ve ever read...

 I know, this is probably off-topic but I just had to write it. (:

 Tobi (: