Re: god and felicity and meandering TV topics

> >just because they use Angels and talk about God, your
> >average Christian Conservative thinks wow, I must
> >watch this show to support God.
>
> um, God doesn't need support.  emotional, social,
> TV ratings, or whatever.  God is God.  i know,
> i'm being stupidly argumentative here, as you most
> likely didn't mean that statement how i'm replying
> to it.

You would think that, but Christians still find a great need in their life
to spend larger amounts of time and money buying Christian music,
Christian Romance novels, Christian backpacks and bracelets.

> "the God i worship isn't short of cash, mister."
>                                   -bono, u2

Sure enough.  My God doesn't need cash period, but Bono has not yet been
picked as a speaker for the Christian Conservatives so...

> personally, i watch TV very rarely.  simpsons, futurama,
> xfiles (ie- sunday fox programming), and the occasional
> craving to watch road rules or real world.  sorry, but
> they have me hooked until i cancel my cable service at
> the end of this month.

<sigh, another one bites the dust>

> but finding out that OtR is being played on felicity is
> kinda cool, ya must admit.  along the same lines, i hear
> a lot of bands that are not so well known in the bkgrnd
> of eMpTyV: downset, buckethead, king's x, living sacrifice,
> ty tabor, etc... it freaks me out sometimes hearing it
> as background on a show.  it's just weird, ya know.

Yeah, I know.

steve