Re: downset. and unreleased OtR stuff

At 02:23 PM 10/19/00 -0400, brown wrote:
>> np: downset. - check your people
>
>How is this?  I was quite happy to see that Downset had
>reformed...

it's good.  more hardcore, and less rap than thier prior
two releases.  there are some good tracks: "together,"
"check your people," and some of the later tracks.  they
were excellent in concert, played a bunch of old stuff.
tight band.

the artwork/painting in the cd liner is really cool, btw.

>And on a completely unrelated (though far more on-topic) note:
>Over the Rhine are contributing an unreleased cut to a benefit CD
>my label is putting together for a drop in center for street kids here
>in Toronto.  I'd tell you the name, but Linford neglected to include it
>with the CD he gave me.  Really.  Also appearing on the disc are
>16 Horsepower, Frank Black and the Catholics, Joe Henry, Giant
>Sand, Ida, Summer Hymns, Denison Witmer and a bunch of other
>quality folk ... you can email absalom at absalomrecordings_com for
>more information on it ...

sweet georgia brown!  anybody know the scoop on this?

Dan

+- Dan Temmesfeld   -  dtemm(at)yahoo(dot)com -+
    it's hard to taste the wine when you're
+-     drunk on the tears (bill mallonee)     -+