chantal/duarte/ekoostik

re: saturday's fare at the world jam at sawyer point, cincinnati.

thanks to everyone who mentioned chantal!!  i probably wouldn't have
stopped by her set at worldjam, but due to talk of her here, i did.  wow,
i'm definitely glad that i did!!  she sort of reminded me of tori amos, but
if tori was a brunette and not a psycho. :)  chantal's stuff sort of
reminded me of the mellower stuff off of little earthquakes ("china," et al).

the other acts that i caught at yesterday's portion of world jam at sawyer
point were good.  the bacchanal steel band was alright, but it was too
"little mermaid" for me... i had to bail and wander downtown for some grub.

i came back and caught chantal, then pike 27.  pike 27 was actually quite
good.  i didn't particularly like them back in april when they opened up
for the vigilantes of love, but i liked them this time.  perhaps i was just
in a bad mood in april.

chris duarte was excellent.  i had heard a bunch about him on some other
internet forums (the king's x newsgroup).  he was a really good rock-blues
guitarist.  plus his singing wasn't bad either... that's the problem with a
lot of those solo guitarist bands.  sometimes they can't sing too well, or
they get some wanky, hairband-throwback singer.  chris duarte wasn't like
that.

the drum circle was a blast, 'cept it was too cold and my hands hurt.

ekoostik hookah was the headliner for the event.  i have always seen them
listing touring through the area (they're from columbus, oh), but i have
never seen them.  they cancelled their show at bogart's last night in order
to play the free world jam.  they were a cool band- i really dug 'em.  sort
of a jam band in the line of phish, grateful dead... ya know the type.  i
liked 'em, but it was kinda cold.  i think i caught about 7 of their
songs... ya know, about an hour and a half worth. :)

shine like a burning star,
Dan

np: u2 - zoovenior

+- Dan Temmesfeld - dantemm(at)netzero(dot)net -+
 _Galactic Cowboys  -  http://www.dlm.net/gc/ _
    wish i could whisper how much i need you
+- after tomorrow i might forget to  (kingsx) -+