your vicarious VOL fix

Hi peoples!

I went to the vigilantes shows both night before last  in Pittsburg, and
the night beforethat in Cleveland.  Both were phenominal.  The one in
Cleveland was at the Beachland (formerly the Croation club), which is a
small little dive-y bar, in an old working class ethnic neighborhood.
Thank goodness lots of people I knew were there (and a big thank you to
amber and dm for letting me ride up with you guys) because it was not
exactly the kind of place for a woman to be alone at at night, if you
know what I'm saying.

I'm consistantly amazed at Bill's kindness, and his memory!  How many new
faces must he meet every year, and he seems to remember everybody.  He is
such a genuinely GOOD person.
The show was excellent, although the crowd was small.  He played alot of
stuff off of Audible Sigh.   I don't do set lists, but the gist of what
he played was:

"love Cocoon"
Solar System
Double Cure
Northern Soul
Goes without Saying
She Walks on Roses
Resplendant (omigosh!!!!)
Now as the train pulls Away
Starry Eyed
Nothing like a train
Black Cloud o'er Me
Good Luck Charm
It's not Bothering Me
Going South
Dreamcoat

I know that I'm missing a few, badger DM about it, I think that he took a
complete setlist.

THe show in Pittsburg was very, very different, in terms of feel.  It was
at a rather upscale dinner club in the strip district.  Honestly, I liked
the feel in Cleveland better.  Rosebuds was a little too posh for my
taste, but I went to the show in Pittsburg alone, so from that
standpoint, I guess I'm glad that it wasn't a divey place in a bad
neighborhood...but still it loses something.  They played basically the
same set as the night before (and wearing the same clothes, might I add
:-) I think that I was sitting next to a bunch of people from the VOL
list serve which I don't happen to be on, and I wanted to say "hi" to
them, but I was too shy so I didn't.  (some of the people here are shy!
:-)  So that's that.

I've been thinking of getting on the VOL list serve too.  Does anyone
here know how to do that?  I don't have web access, so I can't just go to
their web sight and find out.  Thanks for letting me ramble!

love always,

jen