Re: OTR listees in Ca...

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Paul S. Golightly wrote:
> That's what I keep telling people.  But for once the British have done
> it.  And what's worse is that with Americans it works from the bottom
> up, but with the British, if they start saying things incorrectly,
> then all the major newspapers and such have to make the same mistakes,
> and then the corruption of the language trickles down slowly as the
> minds of the people are warped into believing that the news agencies
> are correct when in actuality that is not the case at all.  That
> disgusts me.
>
> We should all speak Esperanto.
>
> Paul.

we should al speak mandarin - it's a complicated langauge - no
tenses... which means you have to incredibly precise.

actually, everyone should speak spanish - it's the best. (:  and you can
be more precise with /you/ and your tone can be conveyed with word and
verb conjugations.

actually, precision is possible with english, i just think that perhaps
peopl ehave learned to be lazy with expression. why use a bigger word,
when a bunch of little ones convey near to the same meaning?  because
sometimes it is very good to be precise.

rhys

--
Good walking, leave no trail behind it. Nomad, Geoffrey Oreyma