Re: OTR listees in Ca...

Let's not get personal here...  I happen to like Beethoven's 6th especially,
though I admit that composers like Rachmaninov and Wagner are quite a bit more
interesting to my ear, and I'm not even going to start with Gershwin...

True, the Beatles were a bit pathetic, but they had their moments.  And
Sixpence, well, I happen to like Sixpence, so just live with it.  It's not
like a description of my collection would look any better if I had more OTR
albums, and even though I'm sure someone will object to that, you know it's
true.

> but since you feel so strongly about it, feel free to pick up
> swahili at anytime.  but of course the upstanding americans have never ever
> perverted the english language at all.

That's what I keep telling people.  But for once the British have done it.
And what's worse is that with Americans it works from the bottom up, but with
the British, if they start saying things incorrectly, then all the major
newspapers and such have to make the same mistakes, and then the corruption of
the language trickles down slowly as the minds of the people are warped into
believing that the news agencies are correct when in actuality that is not the
case at all.  That disgusts me.

We should all speak Esperanto.

Paul.
--
"Sometimes what feels like pretty good music
is just the same old song.