Re: OTR listees in Ca...

> its their language so i think they are entitled to do whatever they
> so
> desire.  but since you feel so strongly about it, feel free to pick
> up
> swahili at anytime.

Funny that you should mention that... I picked up a "how to speak
swahili" book last night.  But so far the only words that I can remember
are the not so kosher ones.  Like "tohara" for example... I won't
translate that for you.  I was telling my friend Caoilte about that last
night and she said that she was going  to name a son that, but then when
a girl asked him what his name meant he might say, "well here, let me
show you..." So Caoilte will have to tell him not to do that.

By the by, the teaching interveiw went great, but I still have to
interveiw with the pastor before I get the job definately.  Perhaps I can
work a lesson in swahili into my lesson plans, what do you think?

jen