The class of '01.

>Fred and what seemed like the class of '01 from Taylor University

Heh.  Funny.  The first time I went to Cinti to see OtR was in spring '96
with what must have seemed like the class of '96 Taylor University.  That
was the night of the downtown "riot" that shut down the festival.  Seems
too many people were sneaking under the gate and getting drunk on cheap
beer.  And someone like Seven Mary Three was on mainstage getting said
beer and other things, too, thrown at them.  I was one of the people who
slipped in (oops).  I was not one of the people throwing things.  I was
one of the people watching the riot police sweep the area.  We found OtR
at mainstage and Alice Rouse, our 4'10" wonder, sidled up to the stage
and invioted the band out for coffee.  (If anybody's in Boston, watch for
Alice to perform there a lot; she's a great folk singah type.)  They told
us about Kaldi's, and Linford showed up to say hello briefly before going
to bed.  Then we all slept in this beautiful house somewhere in Cinti and
woke up friends.

I wd like to point out that I did not actually talk to Linford at that
time.  That was the first time I didn't.  There have been many others.
Inductive reasoning tells me that I do not talk to Linford.  I frequently
stand or pass within socializing distance of Linford, but I do not break
the sound barrier.  Why this is, I'm not sure.  :)

So anyway.  Class of '01?  Some of them.  Also class of '96 (that's me),
'98 (that's Amy Joy), '00, '02, '04.  And three of us from Ball State for
good measure.   I think that covers it.  I just wonder where all the
class of '94, '95, '97, and '99 people were.  No.  I'm serious.  Anyway .
. . good friends, funny people, big thoughts, another night spent in a
big house somewhere near Cinti.  A good thing.

So nice to meet you all.  Who were in no class at TU or BSU.  And we will
meet again.  I'll come alone.  No cops.  No class of '01.  :)

Yesterday I completed six hours of bibliography/scholarhsip study on a
particular early American literary figure.  And I made a great little
handout.  I then realized that I had done the work on the wrong figure.
The good news was that less had been written on this other figure (the
right one), so there was less to look at, overall.  The other good news
was that having crisscrossed the stacks and the www finding info on one
figuure, it was much easier to find info on the other, cos I knew where
to look and what to look to find.  And at high speed I finished in three
hours, just in time to sit three hours in class.  That's 12 hours on that
class in two days.  Yuck.  Yucko.  There were no wolves in the library,
as there were on Rhys's island; but there were undergraduates everywhere.

And I now have two hours to prepare assignments for my freshman writing
class.  Today we learn library skills.  At the library.

The poet Robert Pinsky is speaking tonight at 8:00 at BSU.  Before him,
at 12:30 in the afternoon, there will be Sumo wrestling in Worthen Arena.
 No.  Really.

That is all.

Fred