Re: Looking for someone at NYC show 8/25

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Bruce Lachey wrote:

> Aah.  I see.  It's akin to writing "she was a pale, frail girl with lifeless
> eyes, a chastity belt under that bulletproof bodysuit, her hair pulled up,
> and half inch nails with matte black nail polish" to describe the horror and
> unlikely event that not enough Good Dog Bad Dog songs were played.
>
> Drew Johnson (not Vogel!), what is snowplow.org?  I went to it, typed my
> usual "Duran" in the search engine, and only found Sarah Michele Ford's
> lighting crew experience for the Experimental Theater Board's production of
> Beyond Therapy by Christopher Durang...  Weak
>
> Bruce

You have it down, Bruce.

Snowplow.org is (close your ears, Sherry, you've probably already heard
this about a dozen times already) a group of Carleton college graduates -
many of which are in the seriously high-end Internet security field - who
wanted a place to put their SMTP, POP, and IMAP accounts, web pages, and
other superfluous internet detritus (web hosting for Paranoia Inc, Plague
Control Enterprises (the little Sobe distributor that could), and
nakedpopethemovie.com) in a ridiculously secure WAN.  The search engine
only looks up sites on snowplow.org.  We have about twenty people in the
'Plow, and I'm one of three of the admins.  Whoopee.  Think of it as a
multigender online fraternity, and you probably wouldn't be that far off.

And you really should try the Furious George game off of the main
snowplow.org page.  It's edutainlicious.

-Drew

O Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew, Midrealm   )
O                      Conjuring Private Oceans since 1992                 X
O   "Pastrami won't save you this time, Venter..." Diablo, www.goats.com   |