Re: Moon

     The moon has more color near the horizon where the
angle of light goes through more atmosphere.  Smoke and
dust seem to make it redder.  The forest fires would not
be as bad if normal small fires had been allowed to burn
and if there were more older trees (because they are
more fire resistant.

     In other freaks of nature:

     The north pole is melted now.  I saw a photo on the
front of yesterday's New York Times.  There is a melted
area about one mile across. It is the first time it has
melted since about 55 million years ago.  At one time it
had semi-tropical or tropical plants.  I guess it will
freeze over again before winter.

--Rick C