Re: did anybody see the moon tonight?

> i don't doubt it. actually, about a month ago i saw a red moon weaving
> and dancing with the clouds. what made it especially erie was that the
> night sky was pitch black, so you couldn't make out the outline of the
> clouds; rather, it looked like the moon was morphing form one shape to
> the next in a sea of black velvet void. it was really spooky.

night is my favorite time - the stars poke through the black, and
imagination creates things larger than daylight.

there seems to be such ambivalence towards darkness, i think more than
anything else.  it is filled with fear and forboding of the unknown, and a
peacefullness. people create monsters and fall in lone in the dark - i
wonder what it is about darkness?  these same things happening in daylight
take on a different feel.

> sometimes when the moon is but a sliver, if you look real close, you
> can barely make out the whole sphere of the moon. now that's pretty
> cool.

and that's the best part - silhouette of the whole moon, a sliver of light
and the milky way streaming silently past.

rhys

--
Not all who wander are lost. JRR Tolkein