Re: Tolkien...

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000 Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:

> So I assume everyone's seen the new movie trailer, then?
>

> Quiver! Oooooo, it's yummy!

no.. i've not seen the trailer... i'm not sure i want to see it either - i
have a lovely image of things in my head and i'd hate to see Hollywood do
Tolkein.  i've seen other books, and rarely is it so that the movie is as
good as the book or in its own right perfectly good.  i usually end up
with edited and confused images from the movie and my own imagination...
even though i know it won't ruin it - after all, if you've seen various of
the Narnia series done by the BBC and not had the books ruined, then it
should surely be ok to see this movie... the more good i keep hearing
about it, the more curious i will get, and i've about topped my curiousity
on it.

rhys

--
Not all who wander are lost. JRR Tolkein