Re: Sports, movies

> I think football is more of a rural sport, soccer more suburban, and
> basketball more urban, as a direct result of property values and space
> constraints.  Since suburbs tend to have money, they tend to be
> snobbish about their sport of location.

i really don't follow this... i've played it in the slums in mexico. and
the teeny little pueblo, too - with a rag-ball and sometimes magazines for
shin guards(usually barefoot, sometimes with shoes. i think it's a great
sport because poor people can play it an dplay it well. not lots of
equipment needed.  i've always thought of football as a suburban sport.
maybe soccer is now called a suburban sport because it's making a face for
itself in middle class america... dunno. perspectives are funny.

rhys

--
Not all who wander are lost. JRR Tolkein