Re: torn

Sherry Pofahl wrote:
>Okay, how long have you guys been Tori fans?  I was just
>amazed at how many of you guys _are_.  Call me naive, I
>guess.  I've been a Tori fanatic since '91, and I also
>have too many Tori CDs.  OTR/Tori crossovers shouldn't
>surprise me, I suppose.  It's just more of that emotive
>music that paints the tribulation the spirit has with the
>sensual, yes?  "The body is a book of matches," indeed.

i've been a fan since roughly 1994.  i got into tori amos
via the progressive metal scene, oddly enough.  my first
encounter was dream theater doing a cover of "winter" on
a bootleg of theirs.  plus a lot of DT fans always talked
about her on the mailing list... i bought the "crucify"
single, then got LE and UtP from BMG... the rest came not
too far afterwards.

and, yeah, people who like both Tori and Otr don't surprise
me.  the artists aren't similar, but they are similar.  just
differently similar.  or something.

>By the way, what is "that China single for $5," precisely?
>I have an East-West one with Sugar, Flying Dutchman, and
>Humpty Dumpty on it...  That isn't the one, is it?

yeah, it's kinda hard-to-find... as well as some of the other
LE/UtP singles (like the PGY & PTM double-single sets).  i
had been looking for "China" for about 4 years, and finding
it for $5 was simply amazing.

>If you want to hear me, listen to the live version of "Flying
>Dutchman" on her "Past the Mission" EP.  I'm the big screamer
>at the beginning...  Hey!  It was my favorite song at the
>time!  Sorry!

hehehe... yeah, i had that double single set a bit ago, and i
dubbed that live song onto a CDR before i unloaded it.  ha, i
was making a CDR for a trade, and i listened to it today...
cool.

Dan

+-  Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web  -+
    dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/