Re: Good Flicks?

> My West. Civ. prof suggested Name of the Rose, with Sean Connery and
> Christian Slater.  She said it's an excellent portrayal of monasticism
> and such...has anyone seen it?  I'm thinking about checking it out,
> but not so sure....about that Oscar and Lucinda...what's that about?

Both films were based on really dense, complex, interesting novels, and
they stick more-or-less to the original stories -- except near the
endings, where they make some significant (but not *too* significant)
changes.  I liked both films, but _Oscar and Lucinda_ was too short; it
rushed through the story too fast, and probably should have been one of
those extended _Masterpiece Theatre_ mini-series instead.

--- Peter T. Chattaway ------------------------ petert at interchg_ubc.ca ---
 No man is an Island, entire of it self... -- John Donne, Meditation XVII
    I am a little world made cunningly... -- John Donne, Holy Sonnet V