Re: Good flicks?

At 12:48 PM 8/4/00 -0400, Kelvin T Bailey wrote:

>American Beauty - how can you say it was just okay?  I loved it.

okay, that was an understatement. i thoroughly enjoyed it. this was just
skewed by the fact that i expected so much from it. _american beauty_
practically lived up to my expectations, which is rare.

of course, i hardly expect anyone to take my film recommendations too
seriously. some people consider the juxtaposition of foreign / indie / art
house films with cartoons, 80's comedies, and musicals a bit odd. oh well.

as for _jesus' son_, which i mentioned before, i forgot to mention that you
should sit it out if you don't want to deal with potentially controversial
topics such as drugs, abortion, and a narrator / protagonist named "fuck
head."

love,
shauna