Re: The Black Crowes

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000 11:07:20 EDT BEric123 at aol_com writes:
 I don't
> think the
> Black Crowes suck...they may not be the most original band around,
> but they
> are preserving a tradition, just as many blues & folk artists are
> today...

Aha, there it is...One person's "preserving a tradition" is another
person's "derivitive".  Isn't preserving a tradition why they make
recordings, so we can enjoy the old stuff and not keep doing it over and
over?  Isn't the real artist the one that does something original,
something that comes from within and owes nothing to anyone - or any
tradition?  Sorry, I've been reading Ayn Rand...this topic is kind of at
the front of my brain right now.  (Besides, I really don't like blues.)

Just an unwelcome thought...

Kelvin

NP: webcast from WAPS in Akron (this amazing station that someone here
turned me on to.  Been listening for days now - amazing!  Thanks!)