Re: tor-e

At 09:33 AM 7/26/00 -0400, Chris Emery wrote:
>d00d!  The remix singles are the BEST ONES!   I've
>grown especially fond of the Sylkscreen mix of
>Father Lucifer.   Rawk!

nah, the remixes bore me a lot of times... i did
keep the JS/FL remix one, though... that FL remix
is pretty cool... :)  you can actually make out
what some of the lyrics are on the part that is
normally vocally layered to death...

also, the "Hey Jupiter" (Dakota version) on the HJ
single is utterly beautiful...

>BTW, you eternally suck for finding that China
>single for $5.

i have been looking for it for years... i saw it
out of the corner of my eye at Disc-go-Round in
beavercreek... i think i let out a quick scream
or "holy shit" when i saw it... i couldn't
believe it.

>BTW (part II), the Emerymobile passed 220,000
>miles yesterday.   I missed that one, too.

hahaha... maybe it'll be around for 300,000...
then you can redeem yourself...

>> tori has her lyrically- brilliant moments, but for
>> the most part she's a nutcase.  :)
>
>I liken some of her lyrics to Jon Anderson's in Yes
>- oftentimes words are chosen more for the sound
>than the semantics.

yeah, but you can't deny the fact that Tori is a
nutcase... i still love 'er, though...

>> i like tori amos' "boys for pele" better than any
>> OtR album, but almost any OtR album could beat out
>> the other tori albums on any given day.
>
>Choirgirl is still my favorite Tori album.  Eve ranks
>right up there with it.  ;-)

Choirgirl was my fav for a bit after it came out-
knocking Little Earthquakes out... but after seeing
her live a bunch, i've really grown to absolutely
adore Boys for Pele*.  when i pick up a Tori cd to
take to work, it's normally BFP.

BFP, LE, FtCH, TVaB, UtP, YKTR... that'd be my order.
i guess...

*same thing happened when i saw Faith No More... i
used to hate King for a Day.  then i saw them on the
Album of the Year tour, and they played mainly stuff
from AotY and KFAD.  i absolutely love KFAD now.
it's probably my fav FNM cd...

Dan

np: collective soul - hints, alleg...yadda yadda

+-  Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web  -+
    dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/