RE: tor-e

> >Umm.   I wouldn't compare OTR to Tori Amos, at
> >least not very favorably. Just ask Dan, seeing
> >how he's the only person I know with more Tori
> >CDs than I have. (but I still have my pink
> >vinyl UtP, Dan!)
>
> i don't know, dude.  you probably have more than
> me now.  i got rid of about 15 of them this past
> winter- singles with only remixes, interview cds,
> etc.  i did find a "china" single for $5, though.
> score!!

d00d!  The remix singles are the BEST ONES!   I've grown especially fond of
the Sylkscreen mix of Father Lucifer.   Rawk!

BTW, you eternally suck for finding that China single for $5.

BTW (part II), the Emerymobile passed 220,000 miles yesterday.   I missed
that one, too.

> as for comparing OtR to tori... hmm... i don't
> think i could ever say which artist i like better.
> it definitely depends on the day.  i like OtR's
> lyrics better (for the most part), because they
> tend to *make sense*.  tori has her lyrically-
> brilliant moments, but for the most part she's a
> nutcase.  :)

I liken some of her lyrics to Jon Anderson's in Yes - oftentimes words are
chosen more for the sound than the semantics.

> i like tori amos' "boys for pele" better than any
> OtR album, but almost any OtR album could beat out
> the other tori albums on any given day.

Choirgirl is still my favorite Tori album.  Eve ranks right up there with
it.  ;-)

--
Chris Emery
Web Commerce Developer