other bands

fred says:

>1987 was not a great time to start trying to
>work one's way through popular music.  Thus we begin
>with Def Leppard (I still love "Hysteria,"dangit)

i still love it too...

>I've been listening to a lot of Hole this summer.
>And Ani Difranco.

two of my favorites. and hole meant a whole lot when i
had the chance to thrash around to "go on take
everything, take everything, take everything, i want
you to..." in the midst of freshman year in _hell_ at
the air force academy.  my dj handle at our misfit
radio station was "rage".  but that was also b/c of
rage against the machine.  another band before and
after otr :)

as far as the specifically christian stuff goes, i
delt with petra and newsboys and carmen...and i was
happily introduced to sixpence none the richer and
flemming and john in college.

the other stuff i'd highlight among the most played
for me were (and some still are) duran duran (!!!),
queensryche, u2, toad the wet sprocket, tori amos,
indigo girls and jonatha brooke...a little fu snickens
and pete rock and cl smooth to boot :)  i really
treasure some of the older cds like jethro tull (i
used to want to _be_ ian anderson on flute), john
denver, the carpenters and carol king.

-marie