Cornerstone/ occupation

After waiting so long to find listees, I found A) OTR's webmaster and B) a
former listee.  The former listee happened to know my cousin's widow from
church, have a car with an OTR bumper sticker I'd seen some months before near
Wheaton, lives in the town next to where I work on Fridays, and has a chain mail
bracelet (my wife used to knit chain mail).  She was simply the person I sat
next to randomly when I came in the tent.

My wife sat with me for a bit, went to the Imaginarium to watch the rest of a
movie, then rejoined me later.  We left after the concert to retrieve our bikes
and aimed into the remote distance for out tent.  During the journey, I had a
maglite clipped into my Tilley hat (impromptu lighting for a night bike ride,
when all less dorky methods were found impossible).  At any rate if I missed you
and after the concert you saw a guy with a mag lite clipped into a white Tilley
hat of Australian configuration on a bike, you at least saw me after the
concert.

We missed the first part of Cornerstone, and spent most of our remaining time at
the Imaginarium.  Anyone remotely interested in anything on that page of the
program should go there - it's extremely cool.  Where else can you listen to a
lecture on Star Wars' relationship to King Authur one hour, Charles Williams'
theology and romance the next, then that night put on cheap pirate costumes for
a party and watch Treasure Island?  Not nearly enough places, I suspect.  These
are the same people who used to put out Wonder magazine.

We did catch OTR (of course) Urban Hillbilly Quartet, Ballydowse, The Crossing,
a smattering of other bands.  Rad Rockers had a lot of CDs and tapes cheap, so
we stocked up a bit.  The reviews of Ballydowse seem on target.  Keep in mind
they are on Grrr Records, so expect to hear some rhetoric now and then.  Urban
Hillbilly Quartet was incredibly cool, sort of a richer version of The Crossing,
more zydeco (I have no idea how you pronounce, and therefore spell, that word).
The Crossing was very fun.  By the end of the evening I could finally fake a
step dance, much to my wife's (and my) astonishment.  We also picked up Madison
Greene's CD on a whim, and so far it's REALLY good.  (With so much music
purchased, I haven't made it very far through the stack).  It's yet another
Celtic/ambient/rock style (so far).  I wish now we'd heard them live, because
even the CD can give you goosebumps while calming you deeply.

It was the first time I'd seen OTR in three years, at least.  It was refreshing
on so many levels to hear them live again.  I passed Karin at the booth without
realizing it -  the pigtails were unexpected and made her look like a college
student, which coupled with the noonday heat sent her right past my recognition.
If no one noticed, the CStone website has an interview, of sorts, where the
questions are song lyrics and the responses look more like liner notes.  I'm
surprised I've never seen it before - it's such a clever and practical format.

I'm a technical communications administrator, web based training author, help
author, training materials author, and illustrator.  I actually work two jobs,
one full time, the other as a consultant/temp on Fridays.  It's good on the
variety scale, since I don't do the same thing every day.

- Kent