Re: spanish-speaking occupations?

At 02:34 PM 7/16/00 PDT, J. Marie Hall wrote:
>you're on the right track :)  i was in mexico this
>time...costa rica last time.  i'm happily home now
>and working on the sociolinguistics project about
>mexican communication with christian deities.

interesting.  my best friend has been in baja mexico
this whole summer (until late-august, i guess).
doing something with some missions group that deals
with recorded media of some kind... he was a spanish
teacher this past year in an inner city school (and
hated it).  i took 4 years of spanish in high school,
but have since forgotten most of it.  he always
corrects my messups.  normally i just think of really
stupid sentences to crack him up, though.

>now as far as my other favorites...and a little
>jazzy/blues thang, check out presuntos implicados.
>they're from spain.  i'm also partial to mana (from
>mexico, you can hear some flamenco in their roots).

thanks for the info..

>>i stumbled across a band PUYA, who is what i'd
>>consider Puerto Rican lounge-metal.
>
>i've heard good things about them but not yet heard
>them.

they're really a metal band (caveat emptor), but i
love their more slow parts of the songs.  it's just
*really* cool.  even if you don't like the louder
side of music, i'd still suggest checking them out
to see what they're like.  they do mix some english
vocals in, but i'd say it's about 90-95% spanish.

Dan

np: adrian belew - desire of the rhino king

+-  Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web  -+
    dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/