Re: spanish-speaking occupations?

hello :)

>how did your central america trip go?  or was that
>a long time ago...?  or was it somewhere else...?
>i forget.

you're on the right track :)  i was in mexico this time...costa rica last
time.  i'm happily home now and working on the sociolinguistics project
about mexican communication with christian deities.

>speaking of spanish, do you know of any good latin
>american or spanish-speaking bands?  oh, and they
>need to be good bands. :)

i will try oh so hard to search the files for you :)  there's one group
coming to mind concerning latin jazz...i don't know them all that well
personally, but they're from costa rica.  i actually met there here in the
states when they were touring with ruben blades (wonderful music, very
social).  they're a trio and have been around for about 10 years.  the
horrible thing is that their group name escapes me.

now as far as my other favorites...and a little jazzy/blues thang, check out
presuntos implicados.  they're from spain.  i'm also partial to mana (from
mexico, you can hear some flamenco in their roots).

>i stumbled across a band PUYA, who is what i'd
>consider Puerto Rican lounge-metal.

i've heard good things about them but not yet heard them.

> >auf wieder sehen-
>
>wait a minute... that's not spanish, is it? :)
>looks like a language of germanic descent.

indeed, german.  another language i studied...but only for a short while.
i'm partial to spanish, but i think it's only b/c i started studying it
first.

>buscando lo que aśn no encuentro,

si pero lo veremos pronto...buscare mas para ti.  i hate not having accents!

more later-
marie