Re: Re: Has anyone heard?

> I'd have to agree. I loved 'em as Mortal. Between the two, I've see them
more
> times than I can count, but it's just not the same as FZ. Especially when
you
> listen to the  production they did on the first Starflyer CD and then
listen to how
> thin all the FZ stuff is.  Especially when they said that My Bloody
Valentine was
> their primary influence. Oh well.

each band evolves. the newer Starflyer stuff is a lot different as well. also
i think that MBV (my bloody valentine's) LOVELESS album was never as thick,
dark, or bassy as the first to SF 59 CDs and i can get a lot of that MBV
influence in the FZ stuff. in fact they covered one of their songs and used
different words (noone knows what they are anyway. the most recent FZ CD
called KING PLANET is really kick ass.

>  If any listies can find this CD, I'd recommend it. The singer's name is
> Jaime Eichler and she used
>  to sing backup with the Violet Burning. I really like her voice. She's not
> Karin, but who is? I
>  mean, other than Karin. And Andy Prickett from the Prayer Chain plays
guitar
> on this CD as well.
>  Although not really in full Prayer Chain drone/dream mode. It's more of an
> acoustic/adult alt. kinda
>  CD. Pretty mellow. I liked it.

i also am a big fan of this album, while i still don't own it. Jamie Eichler
has also done work on several GOOOD worship CDs, mainly Alternative Praise:
THIS BODY on Marantha Music. it's very ambient and a tad dark. i also heard
from Andy last year that he and Jamie were writing and playing out at some
small venues in California. can't keep a good duo down!

Christopher F.