Re: nashville

Kelvin wrote:
>Y'know, I kind of agree.  I could definitely live there,
>but I couldn't work in the music industry there.  I think
>I would just throw up like seven times a day.

i'd throw up if i had to work for Benson (back in the day
when it was Benson).  i don't remember anything of worth
on that label... :)

i sent out about 10 resumes to all my old music reps when i
was graduating, but only got calls for some lame a/r clerk-
type jobs (no offense if anyone is an a/r clerk).  i'd still
like a job down there- maybe for the music industry, but
maybe not.  maybe a cool upshoot, non-CCM-crap label.  maybe
my 2 years of public accounting experience would help me get
a real accounting job now... maybe i need to start looking
when my apartment lease gets closer to ending... :)

ya know, a job for ASCAP or BMI (which have offices in nashv)
wouldn't be bad.  hmmm...

then Mandy Fowler wrote:
>I joined the list a couple weeks ago but have been lurking
>until now.  All this talk about Nashville sucked me out of
>the shadows.  I have lived in Nashville for a year now, and
>still can't decide if it is a great town (I think I will
>determine this after I pay a visit to the Johnny Cash museum).
>But I also work in the music industry, and I am living proof
>that it's possible to do so without puking.  You just have to
>find the right people.  Of course, you can't avoid the
>occasional run-in with the fakey-types, but I manage to keep
>my lunch down a good, oh, 80% of the time. . .

the fakey-types are the funnest... :)  down during GMA week
is when all of them come out to play.  they're easy to spot
and easy to laugh at... IMO... :)

then Kelvin wrote:
>Hey, Mandy at Moose!  Actually I'm glad you responded to
>that post because after getting a very nifty message from
>the cool cat at Rocketown I realized that I probably spoke
>too soon.  I do actually know a few folks there in the
>industry who appreciate the stuff that is their bread and
>butter but also are aware of life ouside of GMA-ville.
>Actually, if the right opportunity came along, I would
>probably make the jump. (hint hint to any important lurkers).

yeah... hey, Bryan Ward, are you lurking?  :)

actually one of my coolest reps (who's now a VP of a sub-
division label on Chordant) was one of the people who kept
mentioning OtR to me... i got into them about a year later.
so, there are some cool people there... thanks, Bryan. :)

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
   dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/