Re: Has anyone heard?

Dan Temmesfeld wrote:

> >Hey, has anyone heard of the bands Mortal or My
> >Brother's Mother?
>
> yeah, i've heard mortal... i liked their "fathom"
> album quite well... i don't like 'em as much since
> they changed their sound away *from* the more
> techno/industrial and their name to fold zandura.
> their FZ albums just sound bland... jyro and jerome,
> what have you done?  j/k... :)

I'd have to agree. I loved 'em as Mortal. Between the two, I've see them more times than I can
count, but it's just not the same as FZ. Especially when you listen to the production they did on
the first Starflyer CD and then listen to how thin all the FZ stuff is. Especially when they said
that My Bloody Valentine was their primary influence. Oh well.

> as for my brother's mother... i've seen their album
> before, but never listened... i remember it had a
> blue, cloudy-looking cover with an angel (or
> something) floating on it.  circa 1996?  as for their
> sound, i have no idea...
>
> Dan

If any listies can find this CD, I'd recommend it. The singer's name is Jaime Eichler and she used
to sing backup with the Violet Burning. I really like her voice. She's not Karin, but who is? I
mean, other than Karin. And Andy Prickett from the Prayer Chain plays guitar on this CD as well.
Although not really in full Prayer Chain drone/dream mode. It's more of an acoustic/adult alt. kinda
CD. Pretty mellow. I liked it.

Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner