Re: Re: broaden their horizons

Actually I'm assistant manager/textbook manager/music buyer for a campus bookstore at a seminary.  In a lot of ways that's worse.  There are a handful of intelligent consumers and the rest is split between those types indicated in my earlier post and those "reformed" creatures who have no use for any music other than 18th century European hymns.
Would that business trip have been to GMA?  I did 4 1/2 years as music buyer for one of the premier independent stores in the nation.  One of the perks was the annual trip to GMA.  There was, once again, a lot of pablum.  But there were also a lot of pretty cool late night shows at places like the Cannery and the 328 Performance Hall.