Re: A tiny tidbit

OncleBoo at aol_com writes:

> Care to be a little more forthcoming than this?  Did you hear any of the
new
>  songs?  Fred already testified that only heard "My Love Is A Fever" and
"Go
>  Down Easy".  Was anyone else there?  C'mon people, we've been asking for
new
>  music for aeons.  Surely someone can give a report, can't they?

Well, I feel as if I need to come out of the shadows and speak up here,
seeing as I was there last night and heard the whole show.  I'm the absolute
*worst* person to give a review, though, so bear with me...

Kaldi's was packed, which I guess is a good sign since most people seemed to
be there for the music and not the food.  I did get to see Karin, though my
view of her while performing was obstructed most of the time.  She's blonde
now and I think she looks great that way.

Jay Bolotin and Karin took turns performing.  This was my first time to hear
Jay and I can best compare his voice to that of Jack Henderson.  Linford
stayed close by the whole time she sang/played and he joined her on several
songs, playing guitar at times and accordian at others.  She did perform at
least four "new" songs last night, my favorites of which were "Show Me How It
Feels" and "Fairpoint Diary."  One of the songs (forget which one) was
described as being written eight years ago, which led me to ask "where has it
been all this time?"  Jay and Karin did sing together on a couple of
tunes...I enjoyed their voices together more than I enjoyed his alone.

Despite the crowd, the room grew incredibly silent every time Karin took the
microphone.  Kaldi's staff was amazingly respectful and tried their best to
keep the background noises as minimal as possible.  Towards the end of the
set, Karin performed a few of the "classics": Go Down Easy, Poughkeepsie, My
Love is a Fever, etc.  She told an interesting story about Go Down Easy.
Karin said that she listened to Dan Fogelberg during her moody, teenage years
and that she was drawing on some memories of one of his songs when she wrote
"Go Down Easy."  It turns out that Jay Bolotin was the one who wrote that
song that Fogelberg recorded.  Thus, last night she sang GDE which was
followed by Bolotin singing *his* song by the same title (also referred to
last night as "It's hard to go down easy.")

Jack Henderson was there, as well as Michael Wilson.  Dave Purcell from Pike
27 was also in attendance (you're on the list, right?  give us your
thoughts...) along with a handful of listees.  After the show, Linford came
over and spoke to Bruce for a while ... reported that September still looked
like the release date for the new cd, though Karin did make a comment that
implied they were still trying to decide what songs would be on it.

There.  I've written a lot without really saying anything at all.  Maybe now
someone else will pipe up and fill in the gaps I've left.

Sorry more of you couldn't be there last night!
Melissa