Re: Good Music Bad Music

This is in regard to the discussion about good music. The Backstreet Boys &
the other boy bands may sing a nice song, but the actual members don't have
much /any musical credibility because the songs are written for them by other
people. Also, most of the songs seem to be dominated by a pulsing rhythm, and
musicianship is not very good. They are not the only band in the top 40 with
a melodic sound. What about Sixpence None the Richer? They are a band that
actually writes their own songs, and their guitarist is also a classically
trained cellist. I do agree with Kelvin about the fact that Rolling Stone
does knock people who sing about positive things. I think Jewel's music is
optimistic and honest. This subject is really kind of silly, and I can get as
worked up about it as anybody, but if you're looking for really good music (
such as OTR) you shouldn't be expecting it from the Top 40 to begin with.

Brittney