Amazed...

When I was about to go to the states on furlough the Lord challenged me to
believe Him for the money I needed for a car. He asked me what kind of car I
wanted. I didn't answer Him right away, I wanted to make a good decision. So
I began to research what would be the best car for this area. I settled on
was a Volkswagon Passat  less than 5 years old. I decided that I would want
a deep green, but knowing that was hard to come by here I said "But white
would be good too". I joked around about my desire to have an air
conditioner (Very unusual here) and I told him what I wanted to spend on the
car (after seeing the general market and such). God was faithful to give me
ALL the money I needed for the car while I was in the states.

And so I began to look for a car after figuring out some details... There
are no dealerships here, there is only a market open every Saturday. My
weekends are full and I needed a car. Then someone suggested that I look in
the "Piata" which is a newspaper full of 'for sale by owner' stuff.

I went to the car section and I marked all the cars that were within 5 years
old and I began to mark out the colors I wasn't interested in. What I wound
up with was 2 cars. I called and I went to see one of them what I discovered
was the other car I was looking at in the newspaper was the SAME car!!! I
liked it instantly and I took it to a mechanic (If you like something you
need to be ready to buy it because it will be gone the next time you check).
On the way 4 other people wrote down the number to look at the car later.
The mechanic liked it... so I began the process of purchasing it (a long
process I must say!), while I was leaving a down-payment 7 other people
called to look at the car! Three people had already looked at it and had
gone to find a way to get the money.

I am near tears today as I stand and look out the window to my apartment
because what I see is the car God gave me. A white '96 VW Passat with gray
interior, anti-lock breaks, power steering, diesel (which means gas is MUCH
cheaper), complete with air conditioning!!! It was all I asked for and
more!!!

It still feels a bit like a dream. I keep telling myself "that car down
there is yours". One day soon it will really sink in, but for now I will
drive in the abundant blessing of God and watch amazed as His hand guides me
and protects me in this life that He has called me to.

In His Grip,

Amy Tompkins

PS. If there is anyone on this list that doesn't want to receive a group
email like this please let me know and I will remove you from the list. :-)