Goodbye to the Lions

Greeting Rhinelanders and Vigitarians,

let me dislodge myself from my comfy chair in which i've been sitting in
deeply intrenched lurk mode and alert you all I received a pre-release copy
of the new "Roaring Lambs" cd in the mail today. There is a LOT of great
material here for Music fans. For OtR fans, there's a new OtR song. Well, a
new recording of a song they've been playing for 3 years. "Goodbye" is
ensconced as track 10 on the cd, and starts far simpler than the live
arrangements I'm accustomed to.... just linford on piano and Karin singing.
But the arrangement builds well to incorporate not only the whole band
(Jack, Terri, Don Heffington and Byron House) but a full string section
(provided by John Mark Painter's Love Sponge Strings!). Also included is a
cover of Bruce Cockburn's "Wondering Where the Lions Are" by Bill Mallonee
and VoL which is one of the more radio friendly moments the band has
delivered since, well, thier Audible sighcame out last month. Sixpence's cut
comes off as, well, incredibly derivative of one of the lillith gang, but i
can't remember whom just at the moment. but Emmylou Harris guests on the
cut, so that's cool.

Other great moments are delivered by Ladysmith Black Mambazo with Charlie
Peacock, Steve Taylor, Deliriou5?, and Burlap to Cashmere. All in all a
surprisingly strong collection.

Brad Caviness, Bigwig
Bigwig Enterprises
bigwig at arkansas_net