OTR at Malone and Linford

hello all,

i was at the Malone College show sitting with Laura and Kyle. as noted the
sound was not spectacular which was mostly the room and a bit the sound guy,
though i did talk to OTR members that said the sound guy is theres and does a
good job usually. only my 2nd OTR show (first being the Taft Christmas show)
so my take on it all might be a bit different. i guess i could here a little
of the "country" type thing going on with Jack's guitar stuff but to be
honest it fit and it wasn't that crap new country sounding guitar licks it
was classic sounding and classy. Linford's stories i don't think were
intended to be funny (whoever said that), they were intersting, informative,
and engaging. Part of the reason i love OTR so much is Linfords stories,
whether they be spoken live, written in song, played on piano without  words,
or in the liner notes of a CD or newsletter. i'd buy a book full of 'em!

i talked to Linford also a bit at the show conveying how much i (and 10 other
friends in PA) love it and would like another one (again with a great liner
note intro). he seemed fairly taken back that we liked it so much with
comments like "realy?". apparently he doesn't get told that often (enough).

also, i think there were some cool jams at the ends of songs like on Circle
of Quiet and some others.... though it's hard to get into those when you
can't hear the bass so i understand people not getting there (it's easier
being a musician).

i'll add my name to the list of people who want to hear new OTR songs live.
even Moth, Anyway, and I Will Remember. anyone else think "Dead Weight" (from
Besides) would sound great with the current lineup, it's got a real Jack
sounding solo.

lastly, i'm choosing not to really pay much attention to this Kyle thing as
it seems some  people just need attention so i will not give it.

"... it's a beautiful day, uh huh."

Christopher F.