but i've been out to sea for a long time

before...

you could write abstract ideas and metaphors to this list and people would
interpret and write back.

now...

you need a blunt object and cave wall to guffaw with your fellow meat eater.

i liked helena's post.
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you
when you were talking about the clique vs community i thought about
christians.  and how the good ones out there tend to shun all clique
qualities and instead, welcome.  then i thought about the intense dislike of
christian views that k & ce & others always spew out onto our screens.  it's
so sad to see people creating what they say they hate.  you guys aren't any
better than sign-carrying gay bashing right wingers...why?  whatever you say
can't be disputed.  you're right because you're right because you are right!
  but what you stand behind is that "if you don't like my views, fuck you."
sounds a bit like the christian right if you ask me.  how about you are
actively trying to communicate with me about my behavior and what i'm
saying, i'll respect you enough not to resort to name-calling and whatever
else is the first thing off the top of my head.  k bashed helena for taking
time to consider and write a post.  are we all suppose to feel stupid for
thinking about something.  here's what you're not getting, people care about
what you say.  you don't.  and you don't care about what anyone else takes
time to say, but other people still do.  even though we can't see each
other, even though it's type on a screen.  words are powerful and important,
not just things to put up on bathroom walls.

i say we start a campaign here on this list.  from now on we respect words.
since that's our only means of communicating.  and if someone disrespects
words we don't respond to them until they've typed the words: "i was wrong"
who's with me?  we can be like a union within this list.  UNION, UNION,
UNION (chant with me here)  and don't be suprised if people throw things at,
ignore or make fun of the union.  it's always been that way.