augh...

I just read the set list for the show at Malone, and I'm sorry I told
my friends to go.  O.K.  I'm an OTR fan -- I've been following the
band for YEARS, but EGADS -- shake things up a little?!?!!!!
AT LEAST pull out some older numbers that folks haven't heard for a
while, if you're not going to play any new material.  I'm going to
C-stone this year, and am excited to see Over the Rhine for the first
time since the (somewhat disappointing) Cowboy Junkies show in
Atlanta.  Last time they played C-stone the show was INCREDIBLE --
one of their best, BUT, they also pulled out some GREAT new material
and some GREAT old material, both of which, it seems, they've shelved
indefinitely.  I'm glad OTR is still around, but the fact that the
new c.d. has been SO LONG COMING, as thus also new material, has been
making me, well -- get rather bored with it all.
Maybe I'm spoiled by VOL who by the time they've released a c.d. have
usually long moved on from that set of music and are playing a whole
NEW bunch of songs, usually most of which Bill wrote the night before
the show.  I like that -- a lot.
Please, OTR -- new songs live...
just a couple...
that's all.

mr. shannon lee lewis
SLEWIS at libris_libs.uga.edu
http://www.libs.uga.edu/scicirc/home.html
http://www.wdausa.org/
http://soe.pair.com
"Honey, we're all resplendent...
 honey, we're all thriftstore.
 Like a wino with a $20 bill -
 forever and eternally yours" - Bill Mallonee
NOW PLAYING;  Bill Mallonee and Vigilantes of Love -
AUDIBLE SIGH