Re: What's in your earhole lately?

jg said:
>hi, i'm back (not that anyone noticed i was gone;  sometimes it's hard to
>tell.)    i got back just in time to see some well adjusted lostie

i missed you, jg.  well, to be honest, i didn't really notice you were gone
(i've been kinda gone for a bit, too), but it was really good to read you
again.

>Also i found at another library branch a cd called  __fire in the kitchen__
>and i guess it's a compilation cd, of sorts, of some Canadians accompanied
>by Paddy Moloney  and some (maybe all) of the Cheiftans while the Cheiftans
>were up in Canada with nothing to do  {insert trademark polar bear joke
>here}.     Irish as hell,  fiddles everywhere,  absolutely splendid, yum
>yum

hey!  _fire in the kitchen_ is at my branch library every time i check the
cds.  in fact, i've probably picked it up and almost taken it home about 90%
of the time.  maybe it's time...

public libraries are the best invention ever.

dan asks what's been in our earholes...
on sunday, i made a mix for my friend michele.  she hates country music.  i
used to hate country.  the tape i made for her is titled "some country is
good country"...freakwater is a fun, fun bluegrass band from chicago.
stacey earle's "simple gearle" makes me want to be her best friend.  a
couple of selections from emmylou harris' "spyboy" were on the compilation,
but one of them was written by julie miller--i like hearing her sing her own
stuff better...
yo la tengo has been placing high on my most-frequently-played list this
week.
online archive editions of npr's "this american life" have been filling my
earholes at work more than anything else.  ira glass is a wonderful man.

um, i'm sleepy.

--amyjoy