OtR Friday in Chicago

Well I wish I had something good to say but I wasn't at all  impressed with
the Friday  show at Wheaton. For one they did a set where they rocked out no
more than a few minutes the whole show, at least it felt like it. Completely
mellow mellow mellow. One of the people who went with me hadn't seen them
since Ric left and was fully bummed. His comment when we got out: "I didn't
know I was going to see a country band" I definately wouldn't go that far but
that new guitarist sure does slide into a country sound waaaaaay to easy and
they sure don't mix it up much anymore.
  I think what really got me though was just the place. Besides arriving late
and sitting in the balcony in a position where we couldn't see Linford for
the most part (which really bothered my girlfriend!) the sound was AWFUL, the
mix was AWFUL and it was so hot and stuffy that all I could think of half the
time was "man I wish they served beer here" *Note to Linford---Come back to
SCHUBAS next time....PLEASE!!!!!!
   It sure was a long way from being so blown away seeing them live that I've
described an OtR concert more than a few times as "leaving feeling so
spiritually refreshed that I could get more *churched* seeing them than a
year of sundays could get me"

ah well,
pax to all,
Kevin

"I think night-time is dark so you can imagine with less distraction"
-Calvin & Hobbes